Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This is a really inspirational piece. I love the rich hues of blues in the scene. The blues and purples really make this picture pop. I love the detail in the piece as well. The shadows on the skin are placed nicely, the strong details in the mermaid's face is what I really love. The artist really captured the African features I think, which is one reason this piece is so inviting. So often you see mermaids with pearly white skin and long blonde hair. Of course, there is nothing wrong with that, but, finding this beautiful caribbean mermaid was like finding a jewel.

It is almost impossible to find diversity in art and stories about mermaids. This piece really got my creative juices flowing and it is one of two mermaid pieces that inspired me to write a story called The Mermaid's Song. Feel free to check it out here: http://www.quotev.com/story/2370774/The-Mermaids-Song/

Unfortunately, this is another piece I am having a difficult time finding the artist to. But, I will not give up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment